Wednesday, November 30, 2011

2 Year Vet Check-Up


Sidney had his 2 year Vet appointment last Friday. They tested his blood work, fecal samples and several other things. The tests all came back great. No problems. He is healthy and in good shape and weighed in at 53 pounds.

So even though Sidney is on 5mg of Bethanechol twice a day and gets one Prilosec OTC tablet in the evenings - that hasn't adversely affected his health. I was worried that maybe since he is a dog and these aren't typical meds for a dog to be on regularly, that maybe it would affect other parts of him negatively. Luckily, this is not the case and Sidney has a clean bill of health. So our routine is working. His diet is keeping him in shape. He is well-hydrated, has a great coat and the meds seem to help minimize the regurgitation from what we can tell. Although he regurgitated when I got home from work yesterday. Wouldn't be life with Sidney's Megaesophagus without at least one hiccup.

3 comments:

  1. hello, could you give me a tip regarding my dog? I have 2 dachshund puppies and they are 6 months old. I think they are old enough but why it is that when I put collar they always bite it and it ends up being broken. i think i am spending to much money for pointless. what should i do?

    Signature:
    PulseStore | blood pressure device

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just first time learned about Megaesophagus from this video- http://www.wimp.com/dogchair/

    Then I googled and saw this.. Wow... Beautiful dog! Sidney are lucky to have you as parents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lissy - we are lucky to have him too!!!

    ReplyDelete