Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Portable Bailey Chair for Travel









Above is the bag that holds everything Sidney needs to travel - and if you can believe it - there is an entire Bailey Chair in there as well.  The other pictures show it in various stages of being assembled and Sidney is modeling it on our boat in the top photo.

If you want the plans - email me at ryanpluta@yahoo.com - I put them into a word document with photos and instructions.  If I could figure out how to make them downloadable from here I would do that.  But for now - just shoot me an email.

Someone who reads the blog was nice enough to upload the files to a link for everyone to download:

Sidney's Portable Bailey Chair Instructions

Whether we go on vacation and family and friends watch Sidney or travel where we we take him with us, we need an easy way to transport Sidney and his Bailey Chair.  So we created a Portable Bailey Chair.  We've traveled before for weekends and to move all of Sid's stuff is a huge hassle. The main Bailey Chair is heavy, huge and cumbersome. Then to put all of his meds, food, toys, blender, etc in the car to travel takes like 5 trips.

I made him a Portable Bailey Chair, which is a huge convenience. It basically slides into place and is held together with a few dowel rods and grooves. It breaks down and is constructed very fast - like about 20 seconds. You can see in a photo above the broken down Portable Bailey Chair stacked in a pile.  I bought an Eddie Bauer lightweight roller-travel bag from Target that holds his Portable Bailey Chair, food, Bethanechol and Prilosec, Magic Bullet (that we blend his food with), feeding bowl, bottle of honey (his treat), towels, blankets, toys and his schedule instructions.  It has a botom ziper compartment that holds the Portable Bailey Chair, so everything fits in one duffel bag with wheels and a handle too!! HUGE difference. Now taking Sid away or having people watch him is much less of a hassle than it was before!!

Problem solved!

7 comments:

  1. I know this was a really old post but I emailed you requesting your plans for the bailey chair. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may be posted twice: I am on the ME Facebook page and I cannot find the Word doc. for the chair plans. I have built 2 chairs for our Bernese Mountain Dog puppy as he has grown. Please send the plans to jmckee@redskyalliance.org. I do not have a Facebook page as my children forbade me to have one. I do have a company page which is Red Sky Alliance.

    Thank you for your help.

    Sincerely,

    JIM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on the ME Facebook page and I cannot find the chair plans. I have built 2 chairs for our Bernese Mountain Dog puppy as he has grown-up. Please email the plans to me at jmckee@redskyalliance.org. I do not have a personal Facebook page as my children forbade me to have one. I do have a company Facebook page which is Red SKy Alliance.

    Thanks you for your help.

    Sincerely,

    JIM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I am adopting a puppy with ME. I loved your post. could you please email me your plans for the portable chair?
    Thanks,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you did this and decided to share with the rest of the net. My 13 year old Dalmatian swallowed a plastic cap which eventually made it into the stomach and dissolved, however it left a prolapsed esophagus behind. We are hoping and praying for a spontaneous remission, however we will need and use short or long term. I would like to feature your link on my children's dog story site at http://www.pshene.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would this hold a very large labradoodle? I'm so grateful for this info because I felt so overwhelmed and now I feel this is manageable. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete